SERP update

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedo

I know that it takes several months for PR to update, but I was wondering how often does it take for Google update SERP?

Brillig

Changes constantly. I even get the impression that Google has been playing around with SERPs changing at different times of the day.

Brillig

But if the question is more, "When will the improvements I made show up in my SERP rankings" it varies.

Depending on what changes you are making, you can use Google Webmaster to see when it picks up on it (indexes the pages, recrawls, finds the new links, etc.) to get some visibility and then check your SERP to see how it turned out.

ishie

It's unpredictable and erratic. Google doesn't announce the schedule of the next PR update. Just keep on doing what you're doing.

nedo

Thank you all for reply, I was building my backlinks for several days, and last night i moved my site went one position up on Google.

eonic

Changing your content reguarly and having backlinks will make the robots come back more often as they are expecting change. I think there is a setting in webmaster tools to change the frequency they visit but I have always left this on the defaults.

mrandrei

SERP changes in Google from time to time. In fact, fluctuation happens several times a day. So the best thing to do have a much more stable ranking is to keep on building quality links.

Status
Not open for further replies.