Serif Webplus for site design?

2ounce

I need a website designing and was planning on doing it myself.

I was going to use Serif Webplus, as I have some foundation knowledge in it's operation. I have very little knowledge of HTML codes etc, so was hoping that Serif would save me from learning it all.

My question is; once I have created the site, the links and the shop/cart would a hosting company be able to use the serif file to create my site. To elaborate once the site is complete how do I use this 'desktop' version to create the live site, is it just a case of sending said file to the hosts and them making it live?

Thanks,

2ounce.

leroy30

well I've never used this 'serif webplus' but I'll assume it saves as a normal .html file.

You'll need to register with a webhost but they don't normally upload websites for you. That is up to you. Basically you register a domain, point it to the host and upload the files to the host. index.html is usually the default (home) webpage.

Web1

Me niether Leroy :) Adobe Dreamweaver.

2ounce, will be FTP capability in serif program, once you have the hosting, enter the ftp access into the serif website properties (ftp address or IP, username, pass) and with a click of a button it probably uploads all files for you. You need to understand site structure, as in, top level pages and sub folders etc, but I imagine the software handles all that for you, seems like it has ready built site packages that you just adapt with your own content.

http://www.serif.com/webplus/x4/feature-list/