SEO Friendly Web Design - How To?

satublogs

Can everybody share any tips, tricks, experience or any useful resources to learning how to start designing website so it will be more SEO Friendly?

Share any suggestions about SEO Friendly Web Design here.. all info will be appreciate.
Thank you so much.. :)

smoovo

SEO looking for several variables that some of them are design values. Headers is one of them, texts, validate code, and more.

Use H1 and H2, a lot of web developers don't give it a shot. Use text, search engines love text. Go to W3C validator tool and check your code, well written code will be more friendly. ;)

dub_designer

Sitemap.

If you don't have one, it will take google MONTHS to index your site. Once you have a sitemap, do as others have mentioned. I also want to say you'll add meta tags and meta descriptions on top of quality manual backlinking.

bcee

Don't forget page titles and relevant text in your hyperlinks. Also page load speed can have an effect on your rankings, make sure it's not taking too long. There are plenty of online tools to test this.

WebDesign

Build real content for people, not for machines.
It is said that "content is king", and for a good reason. When two sites highly optimized in a particular industry for a particular key phrase compete, this is one of the most important areas Search Engines evaluate for relevancy, and therefore positioning. Keep your content updated either by adding new, or by editing existing one. The relation between content and its freshness is a must.

holsten76

Website opinion

My mum has a small website business www.fayresfair.co.uk. She struggles to get the site listed in searches. Could someone please give an opinion on the website, how good is it and its construction and what can be done to optimise its performance in search engines.

Thanks very much

syxx

I had an seo company help redesign my website. They did a good job on the design and keyword adding into the text, pictures, titles, etc... I created some new content using keywords and that has helped. Our PR is 4 and climbing. The creation of our blog and linking that to social applications has helped, such as twitter and facebook. I also forum post regularly on websites that have forums and such that are the same general topic (its fishing so i post fishing reports and pictures, with link backs of course). If possible, use the anchor text for your link to be the keywords your trying to improve on. Getting links from sites that rank high for the keywords you want is also helpful. You can check my site out in my signature.

che09

I've quoted this from what I read..

The process of creating a successful search engine optimization campaign can be compared to the construction of a new building - without a solid foundation (SEO friendly website design), the building (your website) won't be sturdy or safe to occupy. Ultimately, the risk of the building collapsing (your website SEO campaign failing) significantly increases because of a poorly constructed foundation.

Making or creating SEO friendly website design is not really easy but there are methods to do it. IF you want to know more,read this one

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can everybody share any tips, tricks, experience or any useful resources to learning how to start designing website so it will be more SEO Friendly?

Share any suggestions about SEO Friendly Web Design here.. all info will be appreciate.
Thank you so much.. :)

I rebuilt our company website, and we are very concerned about organic SEO. Here are some pointers/areas you need to focus on:

• All pages need to have a Title (65 Char max)
  • All pages should have META information (description a must; keywords optional)
  • All pages should have a H1 heading
  • All should pass the W3C HTML Validator
  • Insert targeted keyword phrases into, titles, headings, strong text, anchor text, and regular text (respectively).
  • Dont keyword stuff your content!
  • Submit your site to Google, Yahoo and Bing
  • Submit your site to directories like DMOZ (local directories cant hurt either)
  • Create a sitemap (be sure to format correctly, Google Sitemaps)
  • Submit the sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools (optional, but good idea)
  • Create simple, easy flowing menus (navigation)
  • Dont use FLASH for menus or other important content (keep only for ancillary animation)
  • Dont have a splash page (index.php, index.html, default.aspx - should be you home page)
  • Be sure you have a canonical URL (http://www.example.com vs. http://example.com - these should both point to one location, not two separate. Yes example.com, does not do this correctly, but it an example domain :))

Im sure I have a few more...just not coming to mind right now. Either way this is a good "getting started" checklist for you.

instantit

Other than those filled in by others earlier. Do remember to apply on SEO friendly URL or permalinks. It do helps. Really.