SEO for WordPress Blog?

christer

Hello!

I am looking into optimizing a WordPress blog and I would like to put meta description and keywords tags in the header.php. My problem is I don’t know how to do it with a WordPress blog that is hosted by WordPress. The person whose blog I’m interested in adding the meta tags to got the domain name directly from WordPress. She didn’t download it or anything, just opened an account with them and after a quick check for domain name availability was all set. It is hosted on WordPress and she has full access to her dashboard from any computer.

I know one can add meta tags to domains that are for example Linux hosted because one is able to get at all the .php files that way. Can I do this if the blog is hosted with WordPress? Maybe from the dashboard?

I thank you in advance

tagsby

you can edit this code :
<meta name="description" content="you fill what you want "/>
<meta name="keywords" content="you fill what you want "/>
I hope you can do that

mrandrei

you can edit this code :
I hope you can do that

Yes, this is the easiest way to do it. Just make sure the tags you put are relevant to your content. :)

Amit

Hi All,
I have a blog and i want to make it a source of earning but i dont know how can i earn through it? Please advice me how to do for it?

superaff

you can edit this code :
I hope you can do that

I agree with tagsby, but be sure that your permissions allow that, otherwise, you need to edit it if it won't. Hope this helps.:)