SEO Evolutioning or Mutating?

3dmagicaldesign

While some SEO news and interesting articles say "SEO is dead", I totally disagree with these words. Since the internet started, people and companies have wanted to be found on search engines, blogs, portals, etc. No matter what it takes, we are always trying to find the way to bring traffic to our websites, We are always trying to have a piece of the "big cake" (visitors).

Therefore, I would never dare to say "SEO is dead". The only thing I can say is: SEO is evolutioning, only that now it is doing it faster. Have you applied an SEO strategy that you think it is good.. but 1 week after you applied it, you realize it is outdated or it is not as useful as it used to be? it is because this strategy has mutated into other strategy or a new application has been developed to simplify it, or it has become so popular that it turned to SPAM:):)

Although SEO is more versatile nowadays, it turns more annoying and time consumming to perform a well done SEO work due to the same reason I expose above. When I started doing SEO, I felt like going crazy with all the link exchange inquiries I received on my inbox everyday. Now I feel like I am really going mad with all the "share this" "tweet this" "digg this" "facebook it" buttons I find everywhere. I can't imagine the day that I open Google's home page and it says "tweet this" LOL. It will then say on my twitter account: 3dmagical designs has opened Google, LOL.:):) Sounds stupid and funny, but not impossible!

The current trend is "Social Networking", Everybody wants to share everything. Everybody wants to get facebooked, followed, bookmarked, blogged, digged, jeez!! how many new words!! I am going crazy with SEO Evolution.. or is it Mutation?

Finally, answer this question: What do you think it will be the next SEO Evolution-Mutation?

Start expressing your personal opinion here, I need to start sharing it. LOL

Last edited:

Brillig

SEO is no longer about "Phase 1: build a good site. Phase 2: SEO".

The viral spread has to be built into the product now to take advantage of social networking. You need something built in that other people will want to share themselves that inherently leads back (and links back) to your site.

Not so easy.