SEO advice?

Laikido

Yo! Need your thoughts on this one:

Speaking of Google, which statement is false?

a) Highly visible links that are near the top of a Web document can sometimes be given more weight
b) The entire amount of link juice a page receives gets transferred out via outbound links to other pages
c) If page A has two links - one to page B and the other to Page C - it sends the same amount of link juice to both B and C
d) Adding nofollow to a link prevents a linked page from receiving link juice

It's b I take it??? The entire quiz is 5 questions and it says the answer I'm trying to submit is not correct, so thought I'd ask for help.. I'm pretty sure the other 4 are fine. Thoughts?? thanks

p.s.: the quiz is here just in case you need it to answer http://www.link-assistant.com/seo-olympics/task.html

chrishirst

Staff member
it's b i take it??? The entire quiz is 5 questions and it says the answer i'm trying to submit is not correct, so thought i'd ask for help.. I'm pretty sure the other 4 are fine. Thoughts?? Thanks

wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sbglobal2012

SEO advice to your online business is very important for its growth and the sooner you realize it the better for your business.

chrishirst

Staff member
SEO advice to your online business is very important for its growth and the sooner you realize it the better for your business.

Oh well the sbglobal shills and spammers get it wrong (again), though I would be shocked, SHOCKED I tell you if I ever see a SBGlobal forum moniker that actually gets something right!!

stwordia

What's up with the responses to this? Yes, b is the correct answer. And haters, just keep it to yourself, okay?

chrishirst

Staff member
Wrong

a) is the one that is actually false.

And if you actually read the questions and understand them; if a) is true ALL the others MUST be false.

Last edited:

chrishirst

Staff member
Oh and b) is also false because a multiplier of 0.85 is applied to what value each link passes. Therefore each link only passes 85% of it's share.

chrishirst

Staff member
That is of course according to the original PageRank formula, which is of course the ONLY one that anyone outside of Google "knows" or have access to.

lisatully

B is the false answer I'm not really sure about a since I read an article before that says on article writing it would be much better if your keyword link is located at the first paragraph of the article.

chrishirst

Staff member
B is the false answer I'm not really sure about a since I read an article before that says on article writing it would be much better if your keyword link is located at the first paragraph of the article.

Yes, there are a lot of people making up stuff like that.