Seeking Graphic Designer/Fantasy Artist

Vaelor

Please see the front page of Vaelor's Keep.

That header image was designed for me by a girl from Brisbane, Australia, whom I met by pure chance in an IRC channel one day (and not a graphic design or even business related channel either, just a regular chat room), who designed the logo, and then vanished one day without a trace, despite the fact that I'd pay thousands of dollars to have her design hundreds of other similar graphics for me.

Can you, or anybody else you know, draw like that? Is fantasy art your forté? Is it your dream to make the web look that much more like an Elmore poster or an AD&D RPG game? Would you like to get paid just to draw and scan pretty pictures for me?

PLEASE contact me. There are some sites on which geometric shapes and businesslike logos just don't suit. These sites need you! =D

StephanieCordray

Try http://www.renderosity.com which has both free and paid stuff from contributors. they don't do webpages tho... just 3d art. There is a mix of offerings from fantasy, like you want, to futuristic but almost all of it is pretty good. I can't think of any others right now but if I do, I'll post them.

Vaelor

I'm more looking not only for sketch work like the Vaelor's Keep dragons, but also really for people to do contract work to specification, rather than purchasing pre-designed graphics.

However, coincedentally I do have another project on the drawing board involving realistic 3D models, so this is definately a gem of a site for the bookmarks list! And even though they seem to have more of a merchant system running there, I'm sure somebody will take a custom order or two if I put the word out when the time comes! Thanks for the URL.

If you do come across anywhere else where I might have an easier time hiring underpaid out of work fantasy artists for some graphic design work, please do let me know! And again, if anybody here on WDF happens to have these skills or know somebody who does, please yell out! Thanks.

StephanieCordray

I will do, :). I do some rough3d graphics but nowhere near in a league with sites like renderosity. As a matter of fact there may be a way to contact some of the artist contributors from that site for contract work.. it's been awhile since I've spent any time on that site.

Vaelor

StephanieCordray said:
I will do, :). I do some rough3d graphics but nowhere near in a league with sites like renderosity. As a matter of fact there may be a way to contact some of the artist contributors from that site for contract work.. it's been awhile since I've spent any time on that site.
{nods} As I mentioned above, I'm sure that some of the artists there will be available for some custom contract work, and that will definately be the first place I'll look once I have such work available. It's just a shame that nothing there would be suitable for Vaelor's Keep. I need to find a similar community, but for fantasy sketch artists rather than 3D model renderers...

Vaelor

Pardon the shameless bump, but just a reminder that I'm still headhunting a talented graphic design artist here. Know anybody that should be getting paid for their sketchwork or fantasy drawings? Point them my way!

Vaelor

Just a quick post, because when I solve my own problems or have them solved elsewhere, I like to give my own forum threads some closure in case somebody stumbles across this thread archived in the future hoping to solve a similar problem... =)

A bit of Google searching has yielded http://www.australianfantasyart.com/ which looks like exactly what I've been hunting for. The genre of artwork fits the commissions I have, and the artists seem keen on picking up new work - they even have a board on their forum called "Commission and Requests" where people can post their job offers.

So, thanks anyway guys, and if anybody else finds themselves in my situation, check this site out and save yourself the hunting I did!

Vaelor

skorpioz said:
Where exactly may I contact you ?
Me? Click on my name to the left of the post, there are many options. You can email me via the site, PM me, click the link in my sig to find a contact email address on one of my websites, or simply reply to any topic of mine on this forum (I have email notifications on all threads I've participated in).

skorpioz

Interested Graphic Artists

This forum won't allow me to send an e-mail to you. This is my 3rd reply to you. Did you receive the 2nd one?

Vaelor

Yeah, I received your private message, and replied to it that same day. See the grey box in the top right corner of this window, where it says "Welcome, skorpioz"? There's a link below that where you read your received private messages - that's where you'll find my reply with my email address included.

ashy

Solution!

Greetings from Russia!
Our company deals with designing custom websites. We also offer different web services including creating of company logos, branding, styling of corporative identity, poligraphic design.
The prime goal of our company is your complete satisfaction. We work closely with our clients to understand their needs so that the websites we create appeal to the customers and their target audience.
We are sure our custom design will meet and exceed your expectations!
For portfolio and other details visit www.designrussia.com .
Contact us via email: [email protected]
or telephone: +79082252498

best regards
P.S We can draw like that!