Seeking consultation support, will pay

SerenitiSFV

'm bidding the most intimidating job I've ever taken on - a job recruitment web site complete with user accounts, resume uploads, job posting, and job & resume searches. I either have a lot of nerve or I'm completely crazy. I'm pretty much guaranteed to get it, and I'm going for it because it will stretch my PHP/MySQL skills to the edge of their limits and beyond.

I have complete confidence that I can do it, but would certainly benefit from having a PHP/MySQL guru-consultant available - and I have $1,000 in my budget for it - $500 when I get the start-up check & $500 at the end of the project in early April.

I know I could post the occasional question to the forum and get help for free, but I also know how cranky we forum folks get when it looks like someone is getting the forum to write the code for free on a job the poster is being paid for. So I just figured I'd pay for the help up front. Plus, if I'm paying you, I have the right to expect a little quicker turn-around on the answer! LOL

The kinds of things I'll need help with will be "why doesn't this code work? It worked before and I hardly changed it at all!" or "How do I...?", asked after I've exhausted my manuals, handbooks, & tutorials. I think it will be the easiest $1,000 you ever made.

For example, a tutorial I took at Lynda.com indicated that after a form was submitted, I could use

function redirect_to( $location = NULL ) {
if ($location != NULL) {
header("Location: {$location}");
exit;
}
}

to re-direct the user to the "success" page, and it worked in Kevin Skoglund's code. But when I ran the exact same code, I got an error message that said the header had already been sent and I couldn't send another.

So basically it will be questions about code that I know is SUPPOSED to work but just won't.

Please contact me for details.