Scheduling with a form-Please help!

maggiemay

I maintain a website (created in FrontPage) at work that has a form that goes to an Excel file. In this form a person can select a session to attend from a drop down menu. My bosses would like to be able to schedule 30 people into each session. They have asked me to find a way to prevent more than 30 people from selecting a particular session. Is there a way for the form to monitor the number of times a session is selected and once 30 is reached, not allow anyone else to select it? I can't find an answer anywhere and don't know what to do. Please help if you can. :confused:

SiteExpress

I am not aware of how to do what your asking. My first instict would say that it is not possible with the normal FrontPage form, and you would need to find some sort of script to handle what your asking.

StephanieCordray

It can't be done with Frontpage or any regular form.

There are some scripts that will do it but I can't think of any outside a shopping cart, lol... which would let you put the amount of "stock" in then once the "stock" is gone it says "out of stock" or something. I'm sure there's a script other than that, I just can't think of one yet.

maggiemay

Last year I added a script to the form to do a series of drop down boxes (the choices in each one depends on what is selected in the previous) the box in question is the last of a series of three. I was able to find the script I needed, but had to have a little help getting it working. This time I can't find anything.

StephanieCordray

I'll look around... I'm sure there has to be something. My brain is not working today... a cold from the changing back and forth of the weather here.

StephanieCordray

You're welcome... I kept looking around there for myself and they have another version that works with Paypal for collecting money online for only $5 more... if the scripts work as well as they look they are bargains.