scalable background in IE

soaringchicken

Hello, first I must admit I am a beginner, however I was very proud when I finally finished my site: www.awesparkproductions.com using dreamweaver and saw it work flawlessly in firefox and safari.

However, as I assume is commonly the case, its alll screwed up in IE below v7.

Dreamweaver says its because I used the "fixed" command. Does anyone know how I can get around this or have suggestions on how to unscrew my site for IE?

Any help would be extreeeemely appreciated. I'm also open to the possibility of paying someone to make this work.

Thanks

Alex

balinindia

Hi you can try something like...
#background img {
position: absolute;
z-index: -100;
width: 130%;
max-width: 1700px;
min-width: 1400px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
border: 0;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couple things I noticed, one I would definitely not use a single image that is 2280x1080. Most of this image is black so there is not a need to make it one image. You will need to use positioning to align the image over the black bg. I can fix this for you. Is the layout supposed to be just how it displays in FF 3.5? (spark on the right, face on the left, text in the middle)

orangecopper

Firstly, Hello and if this is your first website, its impressive for a biginner.
And A basic problem i observed in your codes is usage of tables, Either learn to use CSS or Use tables in a nested format.

ie, a paret table with width 100% ( not pixels ) and padding and spacing =0
Inside that build your other tables and align each of them.

If its in percentage it would not screw up your site if resolution changes.
Bonus tip: there is a Browser compatibilty tester in dream weaver use that and fix errors on IE 7

cheers
All the very best !
Joshu Thomas