Sale - SEO PowerSuite at 63% off

LinkAssistant

Hey folks,
Just wanted to let you know - those who are interested in purchasing SEO PowerSuite - that this week there is a HUUUge sale! You can get SEO PowerSuite at 63% off (ridiculously cheap). So, hurry up, the number of discounted copies is limited. You can find the details at link-assistant.com. :)

Pheno

Yahoo site explorer is in the process of closing down. Correct me if In wrong, but my understanding is that SEO powersuite relies heavily on the Yahoo site explorer API?

glambiz

Pheno, I was reassured on other forums (probably by link assistant employees) that seo spyglass will keep on working as it apparently collects data from other sources like Blekko. whether its a good enough of a tradeoff I am not sure but if someone at link assistant can convince me with facts that their backlink sources are decent enough despite site explorer going down, I'd be happy to buy.

Pheno

As far as I can see it will keep on working but at greatly reduced effectiveness. Download the free trial of SEO spyglass and run some backlink checks on major sites - the vast majority are Yahoo links.

LinkAssistant

Yahoo site explorer is in the process of closing down. Correct me if In wrong, but my understanding is that SEO powersuite relies heavily on the Yahoo site explorer API?

Pheno,
SEO PowerSuite is very dynamic SEO software and we are on a constant quest to improve it.
We are certainly aware of the situation around Yahoo! However, it is by far not the only source we draw on to get backlink data. We are doing our best to use as many of the 748 search engines we currently support as we can to extract backlink info. For example, SEO SpyGlass may sometimes find 120,000 backlinks on a site, and only 1,000 of them will be from Yahoo! So, it depends.
Besides, we have several backup plans for SEO SpyGlass, which should enable us to tap into rich backlink data sources in the future, but cannot share the details just yet. ;)