Review Please

stojanovic

Well guys im back and better then before haha, i've learned some more stuff and now made my own website in dreamweaver which i plan on using in school, when we start out website making in 2 weeks im already done, well here it is and check it out, i kno lack of color and all but its my first please feedback, honest i kno it sucks pretty much:p
Preview in Internet Explorer for best results in FIREFOX it messes up allignment

www.fulloutmotorsports.tk

Geodun1

First off, the lack of color you mentioned tends to make me tired. All black web pages often have trouble standing out in the web. My first recommendation would be to ditch the background.

Try following a few Web 2 trends. To improve your page, I would place content in a rounded rectangle content box.

Another big point: grammar. I understand you're still in school, but good grammar use is important when designing websites. I suggest running your text through Microsoft Word or something to make sure your grammar/spelling is good.

Gorgy

Nice try but needs some work.
In FF it looks really strange.
I think you should use the photos of the same size. It'll give your site a tidy look

webmasterdan

Definately get rid of the splash page. When was the last time you came across one and actually wanted to be there? Also some photos on the home page would be really nice. Maybe a logo too. Even a generic one is better than nothing for credibility. Your home page text should never say "welcome" nor should you hint at what's to be found at the website. Use your home page text to provide examples by linking that text to that content.

adx

You could resize the images beforehand on the computer so that they don't resize
when the page loads. They don't need to be that big. And I don't know if anyone noticed
this, but you could change the menu links to regular Html/CSS instead of flash.
It's obviously more complicated and high-tech but really unnecessary for only a couple of links.

Edit: I also did my first web page in school, when I was 17 and it totally blew!
Bright purple borders with a 500 by 500 pixel background-image with a diagonal gradient!
My God what was I thinking :p You're doing loads better than I did. :)

Last edited:

specialk

If you are looking to get listed on search engines these guys are right, you need to be very careful about your grammar. The site looks good, simple, but good. Let us know as you update it.

pingeyeg

I remember when I first started out 8 years ago. I had something kind of like that as well. You have a loooonng ways to go, but have fun and enjoy the ride.

twistedted

The over all approach was good but didnt work! The landing page dosent make any seance at all. This website needs to be done in flash to get the result you where trying to go for!

Mr. B

I have to question the use of flash here. You could do the tabs with a few GIF files. I would also lose the splash entrance page, that fad is supposed to be long dead.