Review Occasions!

sparks169

Please review my new business site for Occasions Cards (Biggin Hill) Ltd.

The site is still in construction stages so is not fully equipped with content, however some feedback on how it is so far would be greatly appreciated.

Please do include anything you find particularly awful or excellent about the site and provide information on what you think could be improved!

WWW.OCCASIONS-BIGGINHILL.COM

I would really like some feedback on this, thank you very much!

phyza

Its not bad at all ..I think so its just like people come here once in a blue moon :p
Coming to the point site is good .. I like that font too seems like letters are dancing :)
Design is also good i give you 9 out of 10 :)

sparks169

Its not bad at all ..I think so its just like people come here once in a blue moon :p
Coming to the point site is good .. I like that font too seems like letters are dancing :)
Design is also good i give you 9 out of 10 :)

Thank you for the reply phyza and the positive review, much appreciated!

And what would you suggest needs to be done to make it 10/10?

adamblan

What do fighter planes have to do with balloons & gifts? - that's the first thing that struck me.

Your navigation isn't very user-friendly -> make this stand out more with a larger size & color that will contrast with the bg image.

Avoid using images for text, especially headings & links.

Nothing really stands out on the page in general - try making your content stand out more

Hope this helps, & good luck with it ;)

PureDezigner

The text is very hard to read and the site looks very busy over all, also you have more than a few errors, hope this helps.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would lose the hyphen in the domain.
The site looks quite good, I think the "biggin hill" text in the text logo is a little small and does not stand out well.

sparks169

What do fighter planes have to do with balloons & gifts? - that's the first thing that struck me.

Your navigation isn't very user-friendly -> make this stand out more with a larger size & color that will contrast with the bg image.

Avoid using images for text, especially headings & links.

Nothing really stands out on the page in general - try making your content stand out more

Hope this helps, & good luck with it ;)

Well Biggin Hill was the RAF Spitfire base during WW2, and also is home of the largest privately organised air show in Europe.

Hence I inserted the spitfire plane to pay homage to the local community. :)

Thanks for the comments guys, ill have to get to work on that menu lol, I wanted to try and make most of the menus and logos look quite fancy and steer away from making them too plain, what font would you suggest for the menu??

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering the same thing about the fighter plane, I just assumed the shop sold model planes as gifts. I would be more inclined to use images of products they sell rather than the history of the town. If you had a wedding site for the area, you wouldnt put images of fighter planes to pay homage to the community.