Review: MyCampusBars.com

SpiderWeb

I just finished making this site, http://www.mycampusbars.com, about a week ago. I personally thought it was pretty cool, but I'm beginning to second guess myself after the lack of traffic.

It is a site where bar owners can go on and list their bar along with the specials they are offering, and web surfers can view those specials. The only campus with more than one bar at the moment is the University of Delaware.

Any suggestions on this site would be warmly welcomed. Thanks!

an3rkist

I was excited to see the site, but your home page is a design-less web page for "Spider Web Design". And I read up to the point where you said "Our sites are both fully functional and aesthetically pleasing", which your home page is neither, (All white with black text and no structure...none of the links work...), so I left. The University of Delaware link led to something that seemed a little more legitimate, but where's the home page?

Last edited:

SpiderWeb

Haha, oops. No it's not spam. I accidentally copied the index.php file from spiderwebtechnologies.com to mycampusbars.com. Hence the unrelated content and lack of design. I'll be fixing it shortly.

Eightyfive86

i think the idea is the greatest and its simple i dont think it needs to be anymore than that. once you can compile all the bars(because i typed in for jersey and i know they exist but not on the list)

hawk12online

Its a good idea... although I would make sure that the code is all correct (e.g. no 'null' values etc.) and ensure that you list all campuses etc. but this will probably come through time so don't worry about it too much at the moment.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
good idea for a niche site, the image at the top, the orange one looks like it repeats a little.