Review my websites

inline853

nice designs. very clean. I like your portfolio site and exploding brains. if your only 14, and you keep up the good work you will definitely have a career in this. What CMS are you using on exploding brains. Your graphical aesthetics are very nice.

I'm not 100% on Euro conversion rate, but I believe USD is .75 Euro. So your prices are WAY low. I know your young, but with these prices are way to low for a developed european nation. In US a cheap website is $700 to $1000, and thats with a minimal site and no CMS. Not only this, but your going to make it hard for professionals in the region to compete. Your prices are great for your youth, but horrendous for the web design community.

Keep up the good work.

BTW I'm 16, and in same boat as you. So if you keep trying to get paying clients, they will come. Look for internships, and make business cards.

Geodun1

I'm a hobby designer (yeah, I made that cliche hated comment about myself) so I charge under $100 for competitive sites. The charge is more to support my various gaming habits, otherwise I would honestly offer my design services free. (What a freak right? I do it because I love and enjoy web design. It's not so much a source of income as it is a source of entertainment.)

First Website - Modern Youth Webdesign

Let me start by saying that at 14, you've got a LOT of talent for web design. This is definitely grade for a high level corporate web design when you're done kid. You have quite the talent for coding, and your English is good considering it's not your native language!

The site is smooth and attractive, and presents a modern look (Obviously the effect you're looking for, eh?) which just emphasizes your content. Your portfolio is actually larger than mine (mainly because I only take on projects I enjoy, and I don't really have a portfolio site to put em on at the moment), so props for your quick emergence on the design scene!

So far the only downside is the load times, and I'm not sure why they're slow. Your XHTML and CSS check out, so good job :) You're up to web standards so that's fairly good considering your age (most professional designers can't even achieve this most of the time).

I'd review Exploding Brains, but I can't read dutch :( Not being able to understand the content drags down on me since I judge 60% ON the content. But it looks nice none-the-less :)

4/5 for Modern Youth Webdesign!

Ianthe

Thanks a lot! Your comments really cheered me up, I know now that I want continue webdesign.
About the low prices, I know that there are a lot of very expensive webdesigners out there. But I think that I can't compete at their levels, and even my parents, for who I've done my first paid project now, think my prices are a little to high for what I've to offer.

I've made my first set of businesscards for my mother's company, and maybe that I'll make a set for myself if they're nice.

Oh, and by the way, ExplodingBrains was my first site, it hasn't got a CMS because I had everything in HTML so that wasn't necessary and a little bit to much work for me.

Gorgy

I enjoyed the design of your blog, flower template and your main site. I like the graphics you use in your work. As I can see you like using light blue and it make your designs very fresh and clean.
The only design i didn't like in your portfolio is the Minimalisme template. It looks like an ordinary word document.
I believe you have great skills and I wish you success and a lot of happy clients.

adx

The second page was absolutely brilliant looking. All I can think of is that you
hardly use any meta tags?

Ianthe

I thought metatags aren't important since search engines like Google don't use them anymore.
Can you tell me what metatags I need to add and why?

inline853

a $1000 dollar website is cheap in the professional world. $300 is dirt cheap and almost guarantee it will be poorly designed or the person is under qualified.

No offense, but if your parents aren't web designers then who are they to say that you are to expensive? There are older people with way less talent than you making 3 times as much as you on really poorly designed sites. Your parents aren't stupid or anything, they just don't understand what a good website costs, at worst they are cheap and don't understand how a good website can affect their company.

you've got talent. go get paid for it.

adx

I thought metatags aren't important since search engines like Google don't use them anymore.
Can you tell me what metatags I need to add and why?

At least description and keywords. The description still shows up in Google
searches so if you've got something to say about the page you should
definitely try them out.

Iequalawsome

Hey I'm 14 to and I'd say I'm at about the same level in web design as you. Though you have way better images then I could hope for at the moment. I am plan on making web designing my future career but with no one i know having the same interest it makes it hard because i make everything myself with nobody to help if i mess up and cant seem to find the error in my code(and my stepdads 10 years old html book doesnt help!) Well any way I wish you the best and you have potential to be great and make a site like youtube, google, or yahoo. Well anyway good luck! =)