Review my website

runnie

Hi there,

I would like you to comment on my website www.jessesolutions.com that I made. I'm planning to do webdesign in the future and I would like you all to give me some advice.

There are only 2 languages working right now.

Thanks!!!

BigRed

First impressions, clean easy to understand layout, logical navigation and a clear definition of what the site is about and what you do. Apart from a few minor issues with the wording, for example, in "Prices" and "Call out Charges" you have used the word "Voor" I guess that's supposed to be "For" but other than that it is very good.:)

d a v e

it looks more like a computer service site than a web designer's site at the moment ;)

the logo is informal and a bit 'fun' but the buttons say more like professional

the 3d chrome effect looks dated and at odds with the glow on the 'solutions'

flags should be gifs or 8-bit pngs

seems to be well coded and structured - that's a good sign

using a readable email address is going to get you lots of spam- stick with the form or use something like this
http://www.seowebsitepromotion.com/obfuscate_email.asp

Viewcaster

I think how good it is depends on which business you are targeting. For pc tech business, I pay little attention to design, pleasing graphics, etc. and more look for simple navigation, good info, etc.

While I want the same things from a website designer, since I am choosing a designer to make my site stand out, I expect the siyte of the design company to really be polished.

So, as a pc tech site, very good.

As a web design firm site, not so much, but still straightforward navigation and decent info.

v2Media

Further to viewcaster's post, which is spot on, I would add that the two services shouldn't be advertised on the same site. You should pull the web design service from the the pc solutions site and design another site. On the pc solution site, add a banner/link to the design site and vice versa.

There are numerous reasons for the separation (seo, conversion, mixed-messages) but I couldn't be buggered listing em all. Needless to say, you'll have more success with 2 separate sites.

lonelytree

Overall, its simple and easy to understand.. I don't whether its the color palette or what, the blue and bright green just don't quite mix according to me...

orangecopper

if you are a beginner - not bad !! but you need to improve and learn from newer tutorials on designing.. it looks like an old website

warm regards
Josh

MadTalentDesign

Basic for Computer Repair

I agree with the others. If your advertising for basic computer repair then its ok but if you want to include Web Design it will need a whole lot of work to look descent.

I think you should create a separate website for web design altogether and post an ad from that website on the computer repair website and vice versa. You will need to study other nice websites if your going to sell your web design services.