Review my site, please

tagger3

Hey folks,

Please check out my new site -- it's meant to be really simple and clean. Let me know if there is any information, programming, or graphics I need to change or add to improve its success.

(Note: I've been designing for a while, but most of what I know has just come from messing around and looking up little things. I could definitely benefit from following more best practices for web design, and plan on reading more and more...)

Thanks in advance.

adrospace.com

Fireproofgfx

Hey Adam,

Your site looks pretty good. You were able to make the colors (abstract colors on the left) actually work together where alone they might look really ugly. I love how the dark orange gives the other shapes a since of depth.

I like centered websites so with your site being built to the left I have 75% empty space to the right. Plus everything seems really small because of that. It's like your site is swimming in a sea of open space.

You should make your Portfolio thumbnails bigger. aghh everything feels so small...

GMdamien

I really like it too. The only suggestions I would make are:

1. Make the landing page less about you and more about the benefits you can offer your audience. Maybe have an "About" page where you talk a little about yourself and have some photos etc to help people identify with you better (people are more likely to hire you if they see there's a real person there they can relate to).

2. Make the Home page lead somewhere. Have a button at the bottom which leads to your portfolio or something.

3. Make pictures on your work page link to something if they are websites or if the design is published online somewhere.

Overall the site has a great look and a nice flow.

tagger3

Thanks

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, folks. I'll be making some updates and will post a new one sometime soon!

Claes Nilsson

I think the 3d effect on the text is pretty annoying (makes me think I am drunk, even though I am positive that I am not :S)

Also your footer could use some work, I know that you're trying to keep it simple, but to me that is too simple.

As Einstein said:
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler

Lizyd Design

Very cool. I noticed on one of the pages you used a table though... Perhaps try a div instead? Tables are outdated and old...