review my redesigned site...

wpdesire

by comparing the two, i liket he second one more. but is the site redesign finished? i see some links below.

AJLComputers

by comparing the two, i liket he second one more. but is the site redesign finished? i see some links below.

It's not quite finished, I need to change the footer to work properly.

I'm also having a problem getting the jquery show/hide div part to work properly as I want it to scroll down when the div opens and back up when it closes but I can't find a way to do it. Let me know if anyone has any ideas how to do this.

Thanks.

kayla

i like the first one better, but the navigation tab for the home, about us, etc. on the second site is nice..

I agree completely with this.

Maybe I'm not a fan of the new version because it's incomplete, I'm not sure. I don't like how the logo in the new one is in the far left corner... it doesn't really line up with anything. The jQuery slider also looks like an ad (my fiance pointed that out, so I didn't notice at first).

AJLComputers

I guess the slider is an ad in a way, it's an ad for our services but I see what you mean. Not sure what I can do to make it look less of an ad, I can't take it out as there isn't actually that much content to go on the front page so I guess I'll just have to put up with it.

Any suggestions as to what to do with the logo?

notarypublic

The new design seems a bit wide, to me. I've been advised many places that the ideal width of a column of text is between 35 and 70 characters. If you adjusted the margins of the columns to something closer to the width of your images, it would appear more well bound together. Are the margins for text in each column the same width? The one on the right seems to be pushing up against the left-hand side.

Otherwise good design, like the color and the use of JS. Maybe a rollover effect for the images, and try positioning your logo in such a way that it overlaps over the blue banner; You already have some 3D effects with box shadowing going on, little details like that create a more polished look without being necessarily too obvious.

DHDdirect

I think there are good points to mention on both of them.

I would initially say the first one grabs your attention more. Where the second one looks more like a run of the mill website at first glance.

My opinions about the first one:

The header seems a bit more dull than the footer. I like the footer better not just because it's brighter but the 'rays' are also not intersecting, hence making the footer appear cleaner and vibrant.

The top navigation images aren't preloaded so I thought it didn't actually do anything at first.

I do like how you incorperated your logo as watermarks in the site

I think the large blue link graphics could be a different color or at least a different shade of blue. It makes for a whole lot of blue.
My opinions about the second one:

Better navigation effect.

I agree with notary that it's a bit wide

The footer obviously will have more content and will look very nice if it matches the layout of the first.

The middle content looks a bit plain. Doesn't really appeal to me at all so this in my opinion could use a completely different look.
So again, these are just my opinions but hopefully they'll give you a better view on how others see your site.

addyj672

I like the new design which is better then first one. Only one problem new design bottom is too big for single line. You need to reduce that for better look.... cheers...

krymson

I like the second but the logo needs to stand out more and the FOOTER is HUGE!!! when i scroll down it takes up at least a third of my screen n MAC/FF4 and there really is not need for that. Other than that... personally i would go with the second one

X_Gary_X

The slider looks like an add, because each image is completely different. (different fonts, colors, etc.) You need to have each one be a smooth transition, and I'd stick with the same font for each, same layout for each. I think I'd make the slider also take up the whole width, and just add a thick border around it, if you don't want it too big. It needs to feel like the focal point, not an ad. Also, if you do end up making the site less wide, like the first one, you probably wouldn't have to re-size your images too much.

The first one is cleaner, but I like your new nav bar a lot. I'm not an expert yet, but that's just my 2 cents!