review my portfolio site

Claes Nilsson

The only thing that was kind of an upset to me was the contact page. It didn't seem to live up to the other pages.

Your content is well designed and stands out well, and I think it's only dull because that we're used to see a lot of portfolio sites that almost unreadable and annoys you like hell with all the extra graphics to give it a "portfolio" look.

I'd say you can easily keep it like that and just make your actual portfolios do the rest.
I do, however, feel that the website image on the index page could be larger - just a bit.

MoreGun89

I really like the simple and unique navigation structure. Also it's a very clean yet visually appealing site. When there are more things to look at in the portfolio, I think that's when it may take off a little bit more :D

zhoom

Hi,

I must say that your design it nice. I just feel that it is quite feminine. I think it is better if you make it quite professional look.

lolkaykay

Yeah... I'm taking my first formal graphic design class in the fall so I was thinking about redesigning it after that. I realized it was too girly after I was 80% done with it but I don't want to redo it just to redo it again in about six months.

Claes Nilsson

I don't think it's wrong to have a girly theme. Verlee has done this and it doesn't come to bite her in the tail. The thing is that while you can add it a girly theme, then it should still only be a theme and not the entire page.

So you can keep it part girly part professional :)

bcee

I like the color scheme. Maybe try a custom font for the page headers to add some style.

For your first portfolio site I think it is very well executed. Let's see V2 :)