Review my new blog please

anna

Cool idea- I like where you're trying to go with this site.

In my opinion, the gradient background is distracting as I scroll down through the page. A solid color would be more effective. Or play with the gradient a bit more.

Also, there are quite a few ads on the site... I will probably be attacked for saying so but I don't understand why so many websites are inundated with advertising. I understand about making extra money, but in my opinion (however wrong or right it may be) it really takes away from the content and quality of the site.

For instance; the intro paragraph, in the top right corner, is almost unreadable due to the hyperlinks in it. Also, the hyperlinks in the content area are distracting. I'm not sure how these ad parameters are set (by you or the company) but the Intelius ad is the first thing I see when I open your page. Is that by design?

ss_wdf.jpg

Obviously these are just my personal opinions. I'm rather new to web design, so a lot of my opinions are from a usability standpoint.

Anyhow, you have a good start and an interesting concept. Keep it up! :)

Ennesus

word @anna, the advertisement are placed at a wrong place, consider less adds and try to integrate the adds to your website, one way to do that is adjusting your adsense color scheme.

It also looks a bit standard, consider to make some interesting graphics in your design.
In one quick view you can't see it is about phones so your bounce rate will be really big

Greetz Ennesus