Review My Design Site

AusQB

It looks pretty good, I like the layout.

One small thing that's probably just an oversight, you should align the logo at the top with the main area.

About the site content itself, I think there may just be a bit too much text. I'm not saying get rid of the text, but at least try to balance it out with images or spread it out over several pages if necessary.

adx

One small thing that's probably just an oversight, you should align the logo at the top with the main area.

I was just thinking the same thing :)

And the background images (gradients) don't display correctly in IE, looks like they just don't match up. You can also see it in FF if you look very closely.

JayT

The position of the header doesn't bother me, as the space to the right could be used for advertisement or your member login area.

The footer is out of place though, it almost looks like a frame.

The main content area is a bit busy for me. You've a lot of information crammed into one area. I would leave the About Us and Portfolio information on their respective pages and free up the rest of that area for your main message.

You have a lot of links in your horizontal menu and they seem pretty close together. You could either move this menu up above your main content just beneath your logo to open it up a bit or use a dedicated left column and a vertical menu.

On horizontal menus I like to have something separating the links (when not mouse over-ed).

DamienDarwick

Thanks I actually did move the logo over close to the center or at least at the top of the site. I also expanded the width of the site skin because the size was causing a problem in my vbulletin forum. I always take the skin all the way across the board inside the various scripts I'm using. I still have some issues to fix with the wordpress skin. On the busy content area, I hear you guys on that I'm gonna try and remedy that this week, but I'm sick right now so it will have to wait. :(

jcross

crit

The layout is fine, you have a defined grid. It validates, which is great, but it's coded in tables. I like what you did with your h1 elements and would like to see the green in your logo match these elements. Also, your 4 icons across the tops just don't seem to coincide. You have 2 real images of someone typing and a briefcase, then a 3d chrome rendering of a question mark, then a nice vector style illustration on the right. It's lacking continuity. But again, great layout. You spotlight your important content right the user's face, and I don't think the footer is too large at all.