Review for website in progress

adx

Wow, that looks fun :) That's definitely one of my all time favorite color schemes.
The only thing I can think of that seems a bit off, is that the footer and the ad box
backgrounds don't match up. I can see it's not supposed to, but when you scroll down
it seems off. I'm just clutching at straws here though. Nice site :)

ahk2chan

The site looks great!

There are a few minor minor points that I can see... I am using FF3, and if I click on the top navigation tab, there is a black-dotted border around the tab, is that intended? If not, I would remove it.

Also about your smokey theme, I would make it as a sub-directory instead of sub-domain.

adx

if I click on the top navigation tab, there is a black-dotted border around the tab, is that intended?

Do you mean the standard border that appears whenever you press a link, or something else? If you click and hold a link in IE or FF there's always a dotted black border around the element. I may be misinterpreting what you meant though.

kiyas85

The only thing I can think of that seems a bit off, is that the footer and the ad box backgrounds don't match up.

Do u mean the colors don't match or the space between the footer and the sidebar.

ahk2chan: FF does show a dotted line in most websites but i honestly wasn't able to see the black dotted border that you had mentioned.

Thanks a lot for this :)

kiyas85

Also, do you think i should remove the blog elements(date, comment box etc.) from the Home and About page?? as these pages will always have a single entry

horrorshow75

I personally would just make them static pages instead of post pages. Save the post pages for a blog or one of the sites I created using wordpress I use the posts page as a news section for upcoming events, site/company updates, etc.

kiyas85

Thanks a lot will get working on these suggestions right away.
Please let me know if there's anything else :)

Snerdey

The home page paragraphs seam a bit bunched up and tight. Need a little space as the lines are not reading right to me.

To save room don't ask them to contact you in that area. You already have a contact us button. Let them poke around a bit.

I think the META Tags could use some attention. Title is too short and does not even promote web design etc.. Meta Keywords?

About me.. too many leave out a photo. Go for it! Again, the paragraphs are too bunched up together. Let it have a little space :)

Contact form is broken using FF .. can't see the Submit button and titles of the form are missing.

Good direction.. just not ready just yet.

kiyas85

Snerdey, I made a few changes, especially with the paragraphs and the contact page is working now. I think it looks better with all that spacing between the paras. Thanks much :)

dWhite

Looks nice.

Might want to check up on your host, as your site took ages to load for me and I'm on a fiber optic network.

Snerdey

Yes.. much better!

Don't forget the Title as nobody knows what "Bridging Thoughts" means. I'd put in a sentence after that so bots pick it up.

Your very welcome ;)

kiyas85

:confused: did anyone else have a problem with the loading time? I know the background is one large image but that usually does not take time to load. Will have to get a hold of my hosting guys.

Snerdey, yep will change the title too.

Ive been thinking of getting a proprer logo too, but have to first focus on getting some more content on the website. Will upload that for review too once i come around to it :D

Snerdey

Yes, it looks much better!

Don't forget to do something with the Title Tag .. not too many will know what Bridging Thoughts means especially the bots. So, I'd put in a short sentence that tells me what the site is before clicking as in search engine results. Otherwise it will be partial text of the site in general..

Your very welcome ;)