Remove Posts

chrishirst

Staff member
Posts are locked for editing or deletion by the user after a short while, for fairly obvious reasons.

kwoods

Posts are locked for editing or deletion by the user after a short while, for fairly obvious reasons.

I feel stupid for not knowing; I guess I need the blatantly obvious reason? haha

chrishirst

Staff member
It is so that users do not remove posts that may be important or useful to the thread and make the thread useless to future readers.

Some forum users are under the impression that them asking questions will somehow make employers and/or clients think they are not capable, but what they don't understand is that by actually asking questions they show a desire to learn or to extend their knowledge. Accepting that one does NOT know all there is to know about a given topic is not a weakness, rather it is a strength, though I do exclude the broken English "Is what MTHL nad CSS" posters from that statement.

kwoods

It is so that users do not remove posts that may be important or useful to the thread and make the thread useless to future readers.

Some forum users are under the impression that them asking questions will somehow make employers and/or clients think they are not capable, but what they don't understand is that by actually asking questions they show a desire to learn or to extend their knowledge. Accepting that one does NOT know all there is to know about a given topic is not a weakness, rather it is a strength, though I do exclude the broken English "Is what MTHL nad CSS" posters from that statement.

Makes sense to me! Thank you for explaining.