refreshing changes - help!

TDC

I am not a web designer by education but have managed to build and run a site that has rapidly grown.

My problem is the site is constantly being updated and i'm worried users saving cookies and users with not so "good" browsers such as AOL arn't going to reload the page with every view. Flash elements load every time, but the HTML based pages wont always be refreshed.

Is there a simpler way to get round this other than changing the adress of each page and updating lnks so it reloads a page that has been altered???

any advice greatly appriciated :)

Splendidesign

Unfortunately this is a problem. You are sort of stuck. The only thing I can suggest it writing on your site to tell people to delete their cookies to view changes. Its a problem that we have to live with.

TDC

Splendidesign said:
Unfortunately this is a problem. You are sort of stuck. The only thing I can suggest it writing on your site to tell people to delete their cookies to view changes. Its a problem that we have to live with.

i appriciate your comments. Never mind...

ISDProductions

Can't you shorten the time the cookie remains on their system? to say a day or so, then when they visit each time it will install the new cookie