Redesigned Page

jancz3rt

Hey guys, I am not sure about how many actually remember what my old page looked like before. It's a total change! I have finally got IFRAMES working properly. Please let me know and feel free to suggest changes. I am definitely NOT finished with the page! Please excuse the poor links at the top. That will be fixed.

http://www.cz3rt.com

JAN :D

Last edited:

stuluk28

hey, it's a really nice site. There's also a lot of content on it. I like the navigation and is very easy to understand the hierarchy. The only thing I would perhaps suggest is this:

When I'm looking through the various folders and sub-folders I'm given the option to 'click to enlarge'. So i do. But then i'm stuck with no way of returning to the previous page without using the links at the top and starting from the beginning, it would be cool if i could click the image and return to the previous page?

Only a little detail but It would make navigation even more fluid?

Really cool though, and some nice pics too!

jancz3rt

Heya

As a temporary solution, I have added a GO BACK link at the bottom of the design. It does the trick for now :)

BaldEagle

Site looks great and the navigation is easy. I like it. However, the content alone is enough to get high marks.

BaldEagle

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the white text against the greyish background in the header is a little hard to read, it kind of doesnt stand out as well as it should. I was going to say it would be nice to be able to click on the cz3rt image and be taken to the homepage, but then realised that was part of the background. The images and the site looks good, perhaps a third colour may add a bit more life to it, or some color images.

chriz01

Overall I like the site, really nice. I dont like the font used for the navigational buttons though! :)

jancz3rt

Thanx

Thanks for the feedback guys. The top-right navigation links are not what I would like them to be. There are just a temporary solution until I Photoshop some nice buttons instead of that. I am aware of the indexing problem and will look into the use of some javascripts to counter that problem.

Last edited:

jancz3rt

heya

I have tried to follow your suggestions and here is my new page. I have upgraded the following components:

1. MENU (added)
2. HEADER - now colorful
3. BODY image - used to be plain gray

www.cz3rt.com

Any feedback is welcome

suz

It looks very professional. My only suggestion is maybe to use a "home page" link instead of the "back" link on the bottom in case someone comes over from another site.

jancz3rt

Heya

I have not changed anything on the page in terms of design but have heavily added some new content. Let me know what you think.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
After reading a certain post at computerforum, you know what galleries I checked out. The site looks good, but I think the front page nees something, even if it is just a site map, or links to the various content of the site. Some visitors to the site may not click on the top right hand corner and notice that it contains a drop down menu for the rest of the site.

jancz3rt

Ok

I guess you guys are right. However, I tried gettting rid of normal links because everyone uses them. I wanted to be different. I also wanted a highly-visual experience rather than text. What ways do you suggest that could make sure that people click on the MENU. Is there any popup javascript that would appear and disappear by itself for example? That could be truly annoying however to those who would repeatedly visit my page.