Redesign

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The longer it's up there, the less I like my portfolio website design. So, I've begun working on a replacement. It's just a concept image at this point, and as such all of the content is dummy content, including the image slider just below the header.

Anyway, let me know what you think:
http://roedesigns.com/images/roedesignsindex.png

thewebexec

G'day mate. Not bad at all. A few suggestions, you have spacing between a number of elements, and you don't between the img scroller and the main content div.

Also those flags up the top may either want to be made a little smaller, or lightened in colour. The logo you use is very web 2.0 (and I don't say that with negative connotations, i like those kinds of designs) but the flag elements clash with this a little as they are a seperate styling all together.

Also I'd suggest placing in a call-to-action on the right of the content div in the white space. In the top offer something free, even if it is just a consultation, drive them to contact you, and then underneath quote quite visibly some of your key acheivements, goals or testimonials. The page needs to pass the 'glance test' if you take a 2 second glance at the page for the first time, what do you see? If all of your information is buried in paragraph text, then more often than not, its not read.

Sorry if the post seems negative, its not, just giving a few tips that I've picked up along my travels.

Great work.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
the flags ARE wrong.
totally wrong.
wrong colour, wrong shape, wrong design wrong everything! remove the flags.

also its very pyramidal (i.e it gets fatter as you go down.) which looks a bit strange.

and I'd frame the slideshow differently so that it doesn't look out of place.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow. No love for that design. I'll set it aside and see what else I can come up with. I've done a bit more work with it, but nothing I think is an improvement. I figure since I have A website already in place, I've got all the time in the world to get the next version right.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
haha! :)
I've gone through at least 7 redesigns in the past 18mths and I'm still not happy with it...
not "no love" just not the flags :)

I had a friend who just went to one of those medieval festivals so castles were fresh in my mind!

kayla

I like the design, but maybe something other than the flags? Or even toning down the colour of them, making them more of a blue like the rest of the design.

I don't know if I'm the only one picky about this stuff, but the top of the image slider has square corners whereas everything else has rounded corners. Probably not a big deal, just something I noticed.

romenmanandhar

Web Design in Atlanta

Whether your prospects come from around the globe or locally, in Atlanta Georgia, web design, carefully planned around solid search engine optimization techniques, will make a big difference in the number of visitors to your web site. This translates directly into greater exposure and more sales.

Web Design Services from AtlantaSky - Make a Lasting First Impression on Potential Clients Regardless of your industry, it's very likely your website is the primary driving force behind your overall marketing and branding strategies. Just think about it – how many more potential clients visit your website than ever set foot in your office or store? And how many of your business cards, pamphlets, email signatures, or any other marketing pieces prominently feature your website? It's likely that they all do, further underscoring the importance of web design. That's because if your website – your most powerful tool for attracting, informing, and securing new clients – isn't presenting the right image to the world, you're likely missing out on potential growth opportunities.

How We Do it...
Atlanta Sky has a team of high end Atlanta designers and developers that can deliver exciting custom designs, .NET development, user-friendly navigation, quick page loading, and strong search engine optimization.

Web Design in Atlanta

Atius

i like the design and one thing u should consider before coding, is adding a footer with links to other pages, and try adding a small contact form on the first page (big sale boost)
Keep up the good work