Redesign & Platform Change advice needed

onthemark

Hello,

What I have is a website built in 2005-06 I believe and the work was done primarily by my brother who had just graduated university. He used the Dreamweaver Platform which I know nothing about.

18 months ago I asked him to place some adwords code to at least take advantage of our current traffic which was successful to a minor degree. He just does not have the time or skill to continue to update the site as needed and it is getting terribly dated.

I would like to switch it over to another platform that I can manage and update easily while not sacrificing the strong SEO and traffic that has been established. At this point, I am averaging about $50 US dollars per month and do not want to hurt that little bit of income either.

Suggestions on platform change and how to maintain traffic?

chrishirst

Staff member
Dreamweaver is an application for developing HTML documents NOT a "platform".

18 months ago I asked him to place some adwords code
Do you mean Adsense? as Adwords is where you pay for the vistors to come to your URLs.

I would like to switch it over to another platform that I can manage and update easily while not sacrificing the strong SEO and traffic that has been established. At this point, I am averaging about $50 US dollars per month and do not want to hurt that little bit of income either.

Suggestions on platform change and how to maintain traffic?
Absolutely no idea, we may be good at many things but having a psychic ability is not one of them.

onthemark

Amazing help that was. Thanks so very much.

Dreamweaver is an application for developing HTML documents NOT a "platform".

Do you mean Adsense? as Adwords is where you pay for the vistors to come to your URLs.

Absolutely no idea, we may be good at many things but having a psychic ability is not one of them.

chrishirst

Staff member
Sooooo,

are you going to give a hint as to where we can see your website?

Thereby enabling us to make an more informed judgement as to what you may need to do.

jaydenharris98

There are many website development platform in market but as par my suggestion you have design your site on wordpress.

Wordpress is primarily intended for written, textual Content, and is superior in properly "optimizing" such Content because it is precisely however the Search Engines reply to text and volumes of compositional Content.

jaydenharris98

There are many platform in website development market but as par my suggestion and wordpress is best and seo friendly platform.

Wordpress is primarily intended for written, textual Content, and is superior in properly "optimizing" such Content because it is precisely however the Search Engines reply to text and volumes of compositional Content.