redesign from template

karsheer

I've been asked to redo a website that was originated in a template on yahoo.

Is there any easy way to do this or do I have to start from scratch?

Once I transfer a domain from a hosting company say network solutions to my hosting company where a "template" was used to build their website, their layout is pretty much lost correct? Except for their graphics and word docs on their local driver.

On a similar matter, a real estate company asked me to look at their website which was also done using a template, not original artwork, etc. The site looked pretty complicated with links to MLS and tons of real estate listings. This looked like a specialized business. Anyway I lost the job to a web designer who specializes in real estate web sites. Same thing though, I figure I would have to reinvent the wheel with the layout, etc.

Thanks for your help
Karen

Last edited by a moderator:

camilo.nevarez

if you have ftp access you should be able to get the whoel thing. if not, just surf the the page and save page as ... save complete site.. then open up locally and tweak and adjust it.. thats how you will be able to se what you exactly have.. usually in my experience its always better to start from scratch... gives you more ownership