Redesign 2nd Run

d a v e

I like the overall concept but it's a little narrow - maybe another 10-20 px padding everywhere?
and a touch more lineheight.

that green scintillates on screen against the blue - it's not comfortable

otherwise nice and clear - good job

oh not sure about the duplicated nav in the footer

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
the layout is nice. simple easy to follow.
the colours??? the green in your header is OK, although a little washed out, but the green within the form i'd remove.

kayla

I agree about removing the green in the form. Someone mentioned the nav in the footer, I think it's fine because even with just that page/mockup, I had to scroll (if someone has to scroll, then I think having the duplicated nav is fine). Overall, nice design! Can't wait to see it actually built.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Overall, nice design! Can't wait to see it actually built.
Well, the wait is over. Here you go: http://roedesigns.com/clients/ron/

It isn't live in the root directory. NONE of the links work, and neither does the contact form. I did use an image in place of text in the header, because I've yet to find a good, cross-browser method for inner shadows on text. So, I employed an image replacement technique to maintain search engine friendliness.

I have to say, I've never had a layout code this smoothly. In the near future, I'll be adding more hover effects with appropriate CSS3 transitions, as well as the remainder of the pages.

DHDdirect

Looks good Ron.. one question for me though. Is there any reason why the header goes across the whole page? Shouldn't the footer do the same? Minor details but it's something to think about.

kayla

The button in the contact form isn't showing up properly for me in Firefox. I took some screencaps so you could see:

4rth89.jpg

Just the comparison between Chrome and Firefox. I assume it's supposed to look like the Chrome one? Something could be wrong with my Firefox, I don't know... it seems like a couple sites I've viewed from here end up messing up in FF.

d a v e

and the action button - i.e. the arrow as in above post would be better as the same green as the logo/name - this was is too weedy ;)

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, not sure what the deal was. To make FF happy, I had to remove the border and set the background color to transparent. It's a good thing you pointed it out, I had to fix up a client's site for the same thing as soon as I downloaded FF and checked it out.

Changed the green, too. It does look better.