Real Estate Web site

lavalamp99

Take a look and comment.....

Need help with the css formatting though. Some screens, the second half below the picture leaves a bunch of white space. Don't know why yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.
Rob

lavalamp99

Sorry, forgot the URL - thanks!

Take a look and comment.....

Need help with the css formatting though. Some screens, the second half below the picture leaves a bunch of white space. Don't know why yet. Any suggestions?

www.ozaukeehouses.com

Site focuses on real estate in ozaukee county, wi. No banners, no pop-ups, no ads, no glaring pictures of myself, etc. The way I would want to use a site.

Thanks so much.

I'm concerned about the css formatting and how it displays on different monitors. the right lower section seems to move down to below the last link on the left somehow. On my laptop, it's fine even at 800x600 resolution.

Rob

lavalamp99

Sorry, forgot the URL - thanks!

www.ozaukeehouses.com

The right hand lower css "capsule" style seems to move down and leave white space on certain monitors/computers. That seems wierd........

Thanks in advance for the help.
Rob

StephanieCordray

That can happen when you mix percentages for some tables or divs with absolute sizes for others. I didn't see a problem with any of that on my screen so i'm not much help, I suppose.

I did notice that in IE, there is a div bottom left that is a couple pixels off but is fine in Firefox, if that helps.

Otherwise, it looks like a good start. Perhaps a little corwded but then most real estate sites tend to be. I'd put just a bit more space between the map and the text underneath since they are not related.

lavalamp99

Sorry, should be more specific (newbie showing yet...) The other pages in the site (templated off the main page.) have the formatting problems as well as javascript errors (menuitem1 not defined.) Anybody know how to debug those types of errors. I've read about alert boxes, etc. I'm sure it's because I have editted the source directly. If anybody likes, please check the pages via the menu bar at the top for each community.

Thanks in advance!!!!
Rob

New to Google geo-maps too. Neat function. Need to find a way to read an address file (properties) that can be mapped dynamically maybe even via MLS feeds. Not quite there yet.

thrive

Problems

You have a major issue with the layout if you compress the window size. You should be specifying minimum widths so blackberries etc can read it.