Re-Vamped my site - Please let me know what you think

monicamaria

I took the suggestions posted here and completely redesigned my website.

BOW TIE EXPRESSIONS

Please look it over and let me know if I went in the right direction. I clicked on some of the links here, all the sites looked very professional.

I am not finished with the home page, but I don't know what it needs. Does any have any ideas? I don't want to over do it but I don't want it to be dull either.

I appreciate the corrective criticism.

Thanks,
Monica

P.S. I posted this in the original thread, but I didn't know if anyone would see it so I started a new thread for it. Hope that is O.K., I am not very forum savvy. :eek:

lonelytree

the directories on the top right corner of the page.. are kinda hard to see.. change the color maybe~ other than that, everything else seem nice

sysgenmedia

Hi Monica,

Overall you've definitely got a good start. For sprucing things up, I think adding some color to the header text ("BOW TIE EXPRESSIONS - Self-tie bow ties & cummerbunds", etc. ), menu bar, and / or background.

The three main background colors are dark gray (top), light gray (middle), and dark blue (menu-bar)... so changing those to include a background image or some other color scheme would make the site much more vibrant. You could do something as simple as searching the web for something like "website background creator" and seeing what else is around.

Otherwise, as lonelytree mentions, the links at the top right get lost. Since this isn't a normal location for links, you can probably remove them. I think that the How To Tie a Bow Tie link would probably be important, however, and you may awnt to add it to the main menu. You seem to have a dropdown system in place, so with some re-structuring you could fit a bunch more links into that menu.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Nathan

monicamaria

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. I will work on sprucing up the color scheme and the directories bar.

I clicked on your links and was very impressed with all the sites. It is so nice that the members here take time to help others with their websites. I have been telling people about it in other forums.

I have notice the option for RSS feeds. How do they work and are they beneficial?

Monica

monicamaria

Well, I have been working on it and added some things and tried to work on the colors. The template is limited, so I did what I could.

I am going to try and offer a Deal of the Day and link with some of the deal trackers and see what that does. Hopefully, we'll be making a lot of ties!

Please take one more look and see what you think.

www.bowtie-expressions.com

Again, thanks for making yourselves available to those of us who need the input. I am sure everyone here appreciates it.

Monica

lonelytree

... the box for name and question are too big..( at have a question? contact us)
i think now you just need a logo to tie the whole thing together~
Hopefully i was of any assistance

monicamaria

I think it is too big, also, but the settings won't go any smaller.

You are right, I do need a logo. I'll start working on that and post it when I get something done.

Thanks again,
Monica