re-design of home builder's site. Opinions please

kalew

I am in the process of re-designing a website for a home builder. Can you please take a look at give your honest opinions regarding the layout, color scheme, etc. The links do not yet work (still in the design process), so please don't bother with them. I am mainly interested in what you think of the layout. Thanks.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks good, I would get rid of the empty space at the bottom of the page though. Also the bottom edge of the rectangular shaped buttons at the bottom of the page is missing.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks pretty distorted using firefox...

norfolk-homes.jpg

i am in norfolk quite frequently, small world.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
just tried it using internet explorer and it still comes up distorted, but not nearly as bad as it does in firefox. in IE your background image loads, it does not in firefox.

i like the idea you are using for the design, but i think for the type of site you are building something with a bit more of cooperate style using softer colors might work better.

Wingnut

website looks aligned properly on my computer so i dont know if you fixed it already or its just working for me. i use ie and on the computer im currentley on i have 1024 res.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think this site is a good example of the cross browser compatibility of css. each flavor of browser interprets it differently. as in such you would need to run a bit of code to determine the users browser and then accordingly include the browser specific css include.

i love conventional html tables! :D