Rate my site!

ISDProductions

Pong was fun. As for the site, I think its just a little hard on the eyes. I think its just to busy. I would suggest you compare your site to like sites, not copy them at all....but maybe just compare the look of yours to theirs and see if you get some other ideas

StephanieCordray

It looks better but now it's a bit too big. I have to scroll at 1024 x 768 and that's not good since it's likely the most popular resolution. The drop down still looks out of place because the color does not mesh well with the rest of the page.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the logo up top. Because of the dark backgrounds I think it needs the glow but at the same time I think it's too much of a good thing? Does that make sense? I think it would look better in the left corner than it does where it is,too.

When I look at the page it's almost as if the background is the most important part of the page and you give off that attitude with the drop down choosing backgrounds but I wonder if you are giving a wrong impression there.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
It is a slight improvement. I would consider getting rid of the background of the logo image and perhaps surround it with some kind of border so that the name of the site stands out more clearly.

xytor

again, the background chooser is only temporary untill i can decide what it is going to be permanently.
The same goes for the logo, I don't have the skills to change it, so until i find someone who does, It will stay as a placeholder.
in which way is the site hard on the eyes?
About it being too big, would you still mind scrolling if there was content there?
Or is the horizontal scrolling the bad part?

StephanieCordray

I understand about the background chooser but I think you don't understand what I mean about the background... regardless of what background is chosen the site looks as if it is built around the background rather than the background being built around the site.

As for scrolling.. Yes... it is the most irritating thing in the world to have to scroll horizontally to read the important stuff on a web page.

There are some graphic artists here. If you give them credit they can add to their portfolios, some one of them might do it for free.

xytor

hmm, i removed all content that made the need for horizontal scrolling, but the horizontal scrollbar is still there.. what gives?

ISDProductions

The fifth line from the bottom of your source code reads:

<div style=position:absolute;top:130px;left:175px;width:700px;height:500px><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 bgcolor=black width=700 height=500><tr valign=top><td>

Thats why you still have the scroll bar... Your black box on the right is 175 pixels from the left, and 700 pixels long 175 + 700 = 875 that 75 to many pixels for 800 x 600 resoulution, try making the box smaller width wise

Last edited:

ISDProductions

yes, you have changed the size to 620, but you still have the box on the left, when you add that to the box on the right, its over 800 pixels still. If you still want to get rid of the scroll bar you need to lower the size some more.