Quick Website Critique

surfingsimon

Hi guys,

I have been working with me current Webdesign for the last months and have a conversion rate of about 2,5% which is alright I guess.

However some people told me they were confused about the site. So my question is: What can I do better?

The site is www.surftripmap.com

Here's what I have been thinking of:

- Homepage (www.surftripmap.com
* Remove Fotos and just leave Product Pictures
* Remove the three columns under the Slideshow
* Add little Info to every picture to make the product understandable

- Overview (http://www.surftripmap.com/surftripmap.html)
* Remove "Read More" so visitors don't leave the overview page and get confused

- Buy Page (http://www.surftripmap.com/buy-now.html)
* What do you think about that?

Thank you SO much in advance!!!

Cheers, Simon

anna

Hello Simon,

In my opinion, your site is great! What a novel idea!! I clicked through the site and wasn't confused at all...

I'm sure there are improvements to be made, but it was easy for me to figure out what you are doing with the site; i.e. how to buy a map, how to contact, how to get to blog, etc. I would suggest working on SEO so your site becomes more popular- I think it would be a big hit with surfers.

Good job! I can't believe no one has come up with this idea before!

MoreGun89

Beautiful website and a great idea, like Brad, the middle slider took forever. Only suggestion is to maybe make an attempt to optimize said slider for speed :)

Zeke

That is one of the best looking websites I have ever seen. The beauty and time to load of the middle slider may have compromised a direct recognition of the site's product. An average visitor would have to stick around a little bit longer than expected to know exactly what's being offered.

surfingsimon

thank you guys sooo much for your opinions! always good to hear good things about the site and the product!

we have changed the slider, removed some pictures and made it a lot faster.

btw the guy who programmed everything is http://www.timohelken.de/ and does one hell of a job :)

lonelytree

not really a surfer person.. so i just took a look at the homepage, the design is simple and clean not confusing... i think you pull it off beautifully..

evocrim

Look great to me, lovely style even if the black isn't really a surf-related colour...

here's an idea though: the $22 price /purchase button is way off to the left, hidden away... I would make this the first button - unless you think the price will put off potential punters?

Good luck surftripmap - simple name too!

BigRed

To be honest I can see right off how some folks might be confused. The full screen is a bunch of maps. They change real quick at the same time as the text is changing. It messes with your mind a tad. My take on it would be make the slideshow smaller and put more static text on the page to give folks a chance to catch a breath and figure out what the deal is.

bcee

Nice layout and use of animation.

Just wanted to point out the navigation and footer are not displaying on the 'buy now' page.