Quick logo designing tips.

aressindiaseo

Hi all

Being a designer myself I would like to share some quick logodesigning tips here. Hope you find them helpful

Basic criteria is your logo should be simple yet meaningfull. Afterall logo reflects company's commercial brand so use proper colors, fonts, shapes, symbols etc. Take proper brief about the company before starting your design work. Understand their area of work, there expertise. You can ask for their colour and design preferance.

Your Logo design should be able to describe many things about the company. It should have a good recall value, it should be memorable. Whenever you think of any company its logo should quickly come to your mind and vice versa.

Dont just use plane text sometimes you can add some related graphic or clipart as a symbol along with the text, it should be very simple not jazzy at all. You can make the logo impressive just by having different variations of text. Use multiple colours, different font sizes, shadow effect etc.

Then there are few technical things also to keep in mind like your logo should be equally effective without using colours. Sometimes company might need to use it in a b/w form or only outlined form without any fill colors. Second point is it should be scalable. It should be clear in smaller size.

Look for few logo design samples before you actually start designing. You can see some interesting logo samples in our website's portfolio to get an idea about how a perfect logo should be http://www.websitedesign.in/logoall.html

Good luck :)

http://www.websitedesign.in

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronzy

Thank you very much for sharing this information Its really helpful for web designer i am agree with your view that logo design play most important role in online business its a identity of any particular company

Mimo

Thank you for this tips . I am also new in web designing so its helpful to me.Thanks again.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, one of the most important things to remember in logo design is: Keep It Simple (KIS). Gradients and layer effects are cool but in no way should they "MAKE" your logo. It should be strong enough without them.

Be sure to design the logo in a vector format using something like Adobe Illustrator. This will provide perfect scalability and an excellent cornerstone for other marketing mediums.

Last edited:

Andie

A logo definitely reflects the company so it should be really well thought of. it should be so designed so that one look at it and everyone knows what company, organization or entity it stands for--no need to read the whole company name. Good post.

webinno_sale

thank you for a useful tips in designing a logo, i am new here have this opportunity to learn more and sharing ideas on web designs.

Barkri12

Visual processing is the most important way for gathering information for all human beings. A good design or graphics work is remembered for ages and that is what drives the multinational companies to spend millions of dollars on developing their logo and other branding material. They would go to any extent to create a solid visual impact and leave a permanent impression on their customer’s mind.

Riccur

Thank you for the great tips. It has always seemed to me that you have to be very artistic to design logos, but with these tips it seems as if with a little imagination you can go a long way. Thanks for the advice!