Questions re: Adding Video

poobah

I am studying to become a screen actor. For the past couple of years, I've had my own website to showcase my work to friends, family, and casting people.

http://christopherdarwin.com/

I've done the whole thing myself and the feedback I've received so far has all been positive. I would like to add some one or two minute video clips to the site so visitors can see and hear me in action.

What is the best video format to use (.avi, .mpeg, etc.) in terms of memory conservation, quality, and broad viewer compatibility?

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

StephanieCordray

The one that takes the less bandwidth to stream is the best one. I can't remember which of those two it is, sorry. However, I can tell you that you can adjust settings in both formats to a quality that is good enough but may reduce file sizes.

Another option is plunking them into Flash which may help you adjust them further without losing a lot of quality.

mattkimmel

Flash

The best way to put video online is with flash. The flash encoding doesn't loose too much quality compared to the bandwidth you'll save over mpg avi or any of the other common video file formats. If you want something higher quality that users can download, then you should probably go with .mpg.

South Dakota Web Design