Question about speed services

wilhorse

Ok, you're probably going to think I'm crazy, but once again, I'm thinking about redoing my site, and going back to wp. My husband will prob. divorce me if he finds out I'm THINKING of redoing it. LOL! Yes, this will be 4th go 'round. I think I can get it built in couple hours this time, as opposed to days or weeks, but I'm bothered by the speed. I've added all the top recommended plugins for speed, minify, compression, etc. My images are already optimized. This is the site I'm not crazy about: http://www.resolvewound.com

Question: Would someone be willing to speed up my wp site to a minimum of a low A (grade), in Yslow, for a fee? If so, what would you charge? I would do everything else, I'm just need help loading the approp. scripts & whatever else speeds it up. This is what I'm working off of, and don't pay attention to menu arrangement, or header, etc. I haven't done anything other than paste something on there. Please PM me if you wish. Here is the wp site I'd like to customize. I like the galleries better in WP.

http://www.resolvewound.com/sub

Last edited:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
the best way to speed up a website is to not overload it with superfluous scripts and unnecessary "plugins". all that does is add to your overhead.
best solution is to REMOVE all unneeded "extras"

Edge

You seem to be VERY focused on speed. Site has to be built quick and load quick. Maybe if you don't build it so quick this time you won't have to do it again, so soon? Is there a particular reason for the one column layout? Will you be adding news items, tweets etc to liven things up a bit?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe if you don't build it so quick this time you won't have to do it again, so soon?
this is very good advice.

now you've done three "concepts" consider what you like from each of them.
and consider what you dont like. keep what you like, fix what you can and ditch what isn't needed.

and the more research, development and refinement you do before you even touch a line of code will make all the difference.

wilhorse

Thank you!!!!! I had not heard of that, Chrishirst. Part of the redo is I enjoy playing around with it, trying to improve it. The other part is, the business is really taking off. I'm getting orders every day, and these people mostly live in rural areas. Some have fast connections, and some don't. If it doesn't load fast enough, people won't scroll thru the case studies which what sells this product. The load speed has already improved a great deal. It started at a D.

Roddy

This Google Page has a lot of links to info about faster websites.

Its a good reminder to me of the things I DON'T pay attention to - like CSS declarations.