Query regarding META tags

DLPerry

Framed Meta Tags

Yes, you can use META tags, and if you absolutely positively MUST use frames - I recommend it. :)

I would use Description and Keywords tags in your home page - http://harry.cckerala.com/index.html.

You could also add meta tags to the frame src files (/../menu.html and /main.html according to your source code) if you wish - being careful not to duplicate.

HTH

musicollector

Yes, you can use META tags, and if you absolutely positively MUST use frames - I recommend it. :)

I would use Description and Keywords tags in your home page - http://harry.cckerala.com/index.html.

You could also add meta tags to the frame src files (/../menu.html and /main.html according to your source code) if you wish - being careful not to duplicate.

HTH

Thanks for the response. Well, I don't really want to. :) I am grudgingly using frames while frantically searching for a suitable non-frame template. Yeah...I wanna break out! My web dragnet has not caught the right one yet. Of course, if you see a FREE one in your travels that would work for my site, kindly forward me the link.

I don't have an index page per se, but my 'main' page is pretty well the index page. So, I will take your suggestion and place unique items on menu and main.

Thanks again.
Harry

natenation

If you are working on the searchability of your site I would really, really, reallllly recommend not using frames. If you think about it search engines read content and by using a frameset your content isn't actually loaded on the page, it is loaded into the parent frame. Also if the search engine does find the page with your content it will link to that page and not the correct frameset is should be displayed in.

jnjc

You should still have an index.html (or index.htm) on your server, it defines your frameset and is basically what a web crawler will see when it hits your site. You need to add the meta-tags to that.

Also,

I noticed from your site that there seems to be a lot of pages loading from other sites. This sort of setup is well suited to a frames setup but not to no frames. The reason being is that you currently have two frames which are basically separate entities.

Currently you click an option in frame 1 and it loads content from an external url into frame 2. I am guessing you have a small number of static pages (ie. you don't have a page per link).

You are aiming towards having 1 page per link, which can be index by web crawlers. Each page should have:

<menu>
<content>

HTH,
JC

fletchergiglio

Again, just another voice of caution against frames. It's worth the time to learn CSS/ basic PHP. Your Web site will be better in so many ways - user experience, SEO, etc.

musicollector

Yes, indeed, as I have learnt. :) I am frantically trying to put an end to my frames. In fact, as I speak, I am dabbling with this unwieldy CSS. It will be a major task site wide, but will be worth it in the end.