PSD To Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by Mlguniverse, Mar 27, 2011.

to remove all ads.
  1. Mlguniverse

Mlguniverse New Member

[​IMG][/IMG]
    How to make some of the photoshop tesxt editable in dreamweaver so not everything is an image. Can someone help me..

2. ronaldroe

ronaldroe Super Moderator Staff Member

Use the slice tool in Photoshop to slice the images, then save for web. In the save dialog, you can choose your settings. It will kick out all the code if you want, though I don't recommend it.

MUCH better than your other design, btw. :)

3. Mlguniverse

Mlguniverse New Member

Anyway someone could do the html for me and the coding?? I will provide file

4. d a v e

d a v e New Member

and money?

5. Phreaddee

Phreaddee Super Moderator Staff Member

first of all
    1. design much better.
    2. logo much nicer.

its more what can be done with css and what requires images.
    logo - image, (although your tag line can be text) (png)
    nav menu - a 1px slither of the gradient (png)
    i'd remove the bar in the top right, unless you intend on having a login up there.
    in which case it'll need a 1px slither as well(png) and possibly the corner bendy bit as a small chunk itself (personally I'd just reconsider whether it needs to be there at all.)
    your icons - obviously.
    the slideshow in the middle chunk will be a jquery slideshow or similar, so obvously just the images that will appear on each slide is all that will be needed there.
    possibly the transparent BG as a png as well, if you weren't too keen to use RGBa
    your news feed images, although i'd just make a placeholder until I had the news images to use. (and keep the space a consistent dimension, which can constantly be updated without drama - hence why I would omit it from a "template")
    and your logo down the bottom
    and thats it. the rest can be done in css

ditto...

6. Mlguniverse

Mlguniverse New Member

So nobody would do the slicing for free? i would be happy to provide my skills to make a layout for a trade.

7. d a v e

d a v e New Member

well, no thanks, i can make my own layouts ;) there might be some coders-only who would consider it though ;

8. BMA

BMA Banned

Figuring out how to chop up your PSD, make it work in HTML, and maximize the amount of fast, readable HTML while minimizing the amount of images containing text is literally half the design work. No one will pick that up for free. In fact, I would charge $189 to create your HTML template for that. You're talking about hours of work.

If you're going to be involved in the day to day operations of such a dynamic content site, I recommend picking up the skills yourself, or getting a fast reliable coder on your team. Fortunately, your design lends itself to HTML layout. If you are up for learning how to get your website from PSD to html, this is a good layout to start with.

9. PixelPusher

PixelPusher Super Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely! Expand your skill set! Learn how to build the site not just design it. If you get stuck we are always here to help.

10. computerGeek

computerGeek Banned

you can code it.. learn how in www.w3schools.com.. aside from having fun doing it, you will be able to add something to your skills..

11. jonmark

jonmark New Member

Don't do it in PSD.
    An image-based webpage makes for terrible usability, and will get you NO search engine hits (search engines have to scan text -- if all your text is in images, there's no text to scan).

Instead, slice up your current PSD template, retaining only the graphic portions, and try integrating them into a real HTML layout.