Proposal for a new client

BaldEagle

Please have a look at this site and tell me what you think. It is a proposed layout for a new client. I am still waiting on their content so images may not make sense but I am only concerned with the layout, usefulness etc.. Client likes it and that is usually good enough but I want the opinions of other designers and developers as I want to improve and get more jobs.

http://www.dwd.somee.com/MoJo2

BaldEagle

Arkette

I would make the links stand out more. At the moment they just sort of merge into the text. Also when I looked at the site there was a big flashing closed sign but nothing in the same zone telling when the place will next be open - this is not a good marketing strategy.
One more thing on the gallery page your thumbnails were taking a long time to load even on a broadband connection so i checked the file size. OOPS the first one i looked at was 392 kBytes that would be a big files size for a full screen graphic let alone a 64 pixel square. Just forcing a browser to display an image at a smaller size wont change the image file you need to resize and optimise.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Not normally a big fan of large header areas but this one looks good, and the rotating images serves a purpose to the header area.
I would get rid of the date which appears vertically and cant really be read.
I would also change the font of the main text so that it is consistent with the font used in the navigation menu.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
also the text which says "a gathering place for friends" should probably be bolder so that it stands out better.

BaldEagle

I appreciate all the comments. As for the large images they were not optimized as they are my pics. I have loked at it several times and keep telling myself to go ahead and optimize them even if they don't belong. I will take your suggestions and go forward. Thanks alot.

BaldEagle