Project 2 (?)

jnspire

My Review

I like the use of images and that there is a lot of color...
Some things that I would fix:

#1 I would use your css on your main page and set the background image to fixed no repeat.

#2 I would also move the background image down a bit so that you could move the words "Our Trip To" down. So that, all of the pages content would not begin at the top line of the page, which does not look to great.

#3 I would consider sizing the content (the blue inside the wooden frame) to fit without a scroll-bar. (which is how I see it on Firefox for Mac OS X)

Otherwise its a decent project page.

Last edited:

smoovo

From design aspect it looks OK for a beginner. You are using the same colors all over the page, everything in place, and the fonts matching.

The code has many errors though and it doesn't look good on IE6 (why people still using it?...:eek:). Try to use white background and sans-serif fonts family for the paragraphs.

You doing well - :).

johnmce

I think this looks good but I would suggest avoiding using iframes altogether and especially for the key content on the page. This is quite an outdated way of building pages these days. If you want to have a scrolling text area with a fixed height (like the iframe effect) you can do this with CSS using overflow:scroll - http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_pos_overflow.asp

hope that helps:)

bcee

I would check into image optimization. Those heavy PNG24 images can easily be replaced by a JPG with a purple matte since your background is solid.

Good start.

TheLivingDead

I would check into image optimization. Those heavy PNG24 images can easily be replaced by a JPG with a purple matte since your background is solid.

Good start.

Background is not solid... it is an image.. probably takes a while to load tho...

however, you bring up a great point, bcee-- something I am having trouble wrapping my head around... image optimization...

any good links to research how to achieve optimal load times while still providing high quality images?