Programming

Discussion in 'Programming' started by webdevelopment, Sep 8, 2009.

to remove all ads.
  1. webdevelopment

webdevelopment New Member

What are three programming languages that you think every programmer should know?

2. Geeks

Geeks New Member

PHP ASP.Net HTML (if the last one counts)

3. mhack122

mhack122 New Member

For Web Application:

1. PHP
    2. ASP
    3. HTML
    4. Joomla
    5. Drupal
    6. Phyton

For Desktop Application:

1. VB.net
    2. C#
    3. VB6
    4. JAVA

4. Phreaddee

Phreaddee Super Moderator Staff Member

these are not languages

and *ahem* CSS? unless you like plain looking webpages.

personally I couldn't care less for ASP, but...

5. rwebber77

rwebber77 New Member

Web: XHTML/CSS, PHP, SQL
    Desktop Apps: Java + Liferay + Vaadin on NetBeans (you can conquer the world with this combo)



6. hasinaa

hasinaa Banned

PHP, HTML, JQUERY etc. :D

7. computerGeek

computerGeek Banned

Programming in the strict sense: JAVA, C++, C

Web Designing: PHP, JSP, and still JAVA

8. wilson2558

wilson2558 New Member

I want to learn programming language. Please suggest me which language i have to learn.

9. worlditsme

worlditsme New Member

At the very least, HTML and PHP.

10. javi

javi New Member

what is so important about php? I only know html/css so far. Newb haha

11. MarkR

MarkR New Member

I never understand why other web developers feel the need to know both PHP and ASP, jack of all trades, master of nothing comes to mind.

You will only ever need to use one at a time, 99% of the time clients don't care how it's done so long as it works. I've not yet had a client that has told me the programming language they want a website completed in.

12. justrobin

justrobin New Member

It depends on the use of the programming language.

Different programming language has its own purpose. So, what do you mean by the programming language?:mad:

13. che09

che09 New Member

At least one object oriented language like JAVA , or C++ plus c language, and at least one language for web development like PHP HTML, JSP/Servlet etc.

14. rtsand

rtsand New Member

Well I don't think that any language is required for every programmer. Programming languages are a tool and you pick the best one depending on your requirements.

Since this is a web design forum, most programmers here are developing for the web. Popular languages for this platform are PHP, Javascript, and Java.

If you are just starting out and wish to learn general programming, VB or Java would be a good first language to learn.

15. Absolution

Absolution New Member

Programming is not the end, but a means to the end. Most people don't eat to chew, they eat to get nutrition. In this way a programmer doesn't need to know any specific language, just the language in which their ends appear in the most simplest.

If I had to choose one, I probably would choose C++, as many many other languages have similar syntax and methods. The C++ I learned in high school made it easy for me to learn web languages like PHP and Javascript quite easily. Also from my very basic dealings with flash, it seemed like its language appears very similar to C++ as well.

16. prankpeter

prankpeter New Member

Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding) is the process of designing, writing, testing, debugging, and maintaining the source code of computer programs.Programming is a creative process done by programmers to instruct a computer on how to do a task. Hollywood has helped instill an image of programmers as uber techies who can sit down at a computer and break any password in seconds or make highly tuned warp engines improve performance by 500% with just one tweak.