Program For Liquid Layout Sites?

Newsted

Hi!

I'm up to my neck with my tollerance for web design right now. I set out to make a site using a program called Web Page Maker, nice and easy at first.

However I've spent ages trying to get my head around the issues involving how my page displays under different resolutions. I just can't grasp any of it!

I need my site to display the same way in any resolution and I was wondering if there are any programs out there that can do this, or if not, is there a web site or anything like that where I could pay for someone to program this into my site?

I've been trying for quite some time, but my knowledge of Web Designing isn't that sophisticated and I'm really fed up with not being able to progress with my site because of me not being able to sort this issue out.

Any help what so ever would be a massive help!

StephanieCordray

Well, that's a broad order. some sites aren't meant to look the same in different browser sizes depending on the graphics and how they are used in the layout. Other sites can do so by changing percentages on widths and heights of the graphics and this is done through html.

do you have the page up anywhere? it would be easier to advise if i can see what you're working with.

tfgames

Most people use 1024x768 then 800x600 there the top 2. So if you make your site 800x600 it will view fine in both. I did something on another forum where the website detects what resolution the viewer is using and then changes for you. Ill try find that and then tell you.

Newsted

StephanieCordray said:
Well, that's a broad order. some sites aren't meant to look the same in different browser sizes depending on the graphics and how they are used in the layout. Other sites can do so by changing percentages on widths and heights of the graphics and this is done through html.

do you have the page up anywhere? it would be easier to advise if i can see what you're working with.

http://www.jonellsworld.741.com/main.html

Hope that helps.

StephanieCordray

Well, the problem is that your images are bigger than the layers you are using. Besides you could put all those in table cells and it would work better.

SiteExpress

I set my page sizes to 760 width.

That allows my pages to be viewd in 1024x768 and 800x600. 760 give enough allowance for the scroll bar on the browser. If you set tables to absolute size, it keeps things inside them from changing with resolution.