Program for drafting web page layouts

whatsacomputer

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a specification for a web site that I will be paying someone to create.

I have many hand-drawn sketches of page layouts etc and I want to draw these up electronically.

I find using microsoft draw alittle tedious and limited so I need a program that is easy to use and allows export of the finished images to word.

I just wondered if anyone knew of a program that is really good for doing this kind of thing?
it would be nice if it also allowed me to put little comments on the diagram too (or even better a space alongside where i can write a list of comments)

any help would really be appreciated.

StephanieCordray

I'd recommend, offhand, JASC Paintshop Pro. It's an affordable price and user friendly. Most of the others are a lot more expensive.

TheGimp is another one that is totally free but the learning curve is a lot steeper.

I am presuming that your drawings are to be included in a 'job specification' type document.

If so you could save time by simply scanning your hand drawn images and pasting them into your document. You could insert a black and white drawing and just a list of instructions stating your colour preferences.

Your designer will probably create your site in an application like Photoshop before slicing up for a web design application.

When first meeting a client, I always find hand drawn images the best starting point. I then create the image electronically for the client to ‘sign off’. Most web companies would be happy to operate this way.