Problems with my first ever site : Please help !

wbmkk

Hi

I have been doing a bit of practice with html and CSS and at the request of the kids decided to produce a personalised home page

This is my first attempt at a site, as opposed to just trying a page at a time. The exercise was certainly worth it, trying to get everything coordinated isn’t as easy as it looks.

Last night, I down-loaded Filezilla, watched a couple of YouTube videos and uploaded my files.

With great excitement I went to my browser and initially everything looked OK, but for some reason, my page would not open at all (Brian) An error kept saying file not found. I tried re-loading everything but the problem still exists, even though the file looks to be there.

Funny though, as I did my page, then used this as a template for all the others, just changing a few minor details and colours.

A friend suggested that a use a validation service, which I did (w3 schools)

Apart from the first error, missing xmlns attribute for element html, whatever that means, all other errors concern li items, between lines 33 and 38, that’s for the home page.

I really don’t know what this means … Can anybody assist please

Another problem, is the image on the home page, which should be showing on the top left. Only the alt tag is showing (St Mary’s Lighthouse) although the image is in the file structure.

The site is at www.williebee.co.uk

Either post any replies here, or e-mail at the address shown on the site

Many thanks !

mezangath

As far as I can see I don't see any structural missbehavior on the site. Upload a print-screen of your problem and I'll take a look at it.
There might be some issues with the CSS/HTML attributes being interpreted by your browser. I'm using Firefox and it all looks alright.