Problems with Inkscape

wbmkk

Hello, i hope this is posted in the correct place. If not, please accept my apologies.

I am trying to develop a web site and needed to design a logo and some header graphics so didn’t need a full (expensive) graphics program

After some investigation I downloaded Inkscape, which is free to use.

Great ! I thought, so started to learn about how it works.

However I’ve hit a snag already as there are several options for saving a file, but non are in a format considered normal for web design. You can not save as a GIF, JPEG or PNG file.

Have any readers another suitable program suggestion, or if there is a way to use this software but save in another format, please let me know.

I would be most grateful for any help provided.

Regards !

wetgravy

inkscape is a vector program. if you want to save in raster image format, you can no longer edit them in vector format in inkscape. if you want them to be raster exports ... do just that. (file > export > etc)

if you want a raster program look up Gimp. it's like photoshop but free.

pollcolingwood

Hi All,

One of my friend is having a problem with inkscape. He cannot import .eps or .pdf files into inkscape.
do he need to install an extension for this?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

ishie

This is a common problem in Inkscape and I just hate it. There's an instance when I had some issues with exporting images from Inkscape which have some shading.
I was able to make eps and pdf files that look good. But when I tried converting the eps file to pdf, all the shaded areas disappeared.