Problems with AP Divs in Dreamweaver CS4

webman1200

I want to place some content on the left side of a web page, next to the central content. To do this, I've been trying to use AP (absolutely positioned) div tags. I'm using Dreamweaver CS4.

I can drag and drop the content with ease in Dreamweaver, however, when I preview in Internet Explorer 8, the content is way out of position from where it is displayed in Dreamweaver.

Because of this, I have to drag the AP divs in odd locations in Dreamweaver just so it displays properly in IE8 and other browsers.

What is causing this problem? What is the solution for this?

Help much appreciated!

vieya

actually I've had this exact problem. I make a layout with div absolute positioned layers. the image and the content and navigation are all right it should be lined up but for some reason I have to use a very odd spacing for it to look right on any browser. Maybe you should check the coding.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't rely on the viewer within dreamweaver. It does not always depict elements accurately, especially when it comes to using AP. I can help you adjust the code, but a link to the example would make it a whole lot easier :)

Remember this, if you AP a div that is a child of the body tag, the top, bottom, right, and left styles apply to the edges of the bowser window. If you AP an element that is the child of an other positioned element, the TBLR styles apply to the edges of the parent element.