Privacy and Domain Name Registration Info HELP!

maurices5000

When i purchased my domain name i did not know that all my person info including home phone number, address, personal email address, etc would be made public.

There are companies that will provide domain registration protection. Yahoo seems to be one of them.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/...

Many other companies seem to give out your personal info regardless of who asks even though they claim they will protect it.

Is there anything i can do if i've already purchased my domain name and my current hosting company doesn't provide privacy?

Yahoo said i could wait until it expires and register it through them afterwards.

Is it possible to sell or give my domain name to a friend and recover it using a company that guarantees privacy?

Do you know of any other companies that will guarantee privacy and not give your info out just because someone asks? Yahoo is a known company and i pretty much trust them but some say that i shouldn't pay $10 for protection.

Are there better options than these? All this crap is stupid! I don't feel should have to go through this!

Thanks!

SiteExpress

If your current host will not help you, you can always transfer the domain to another registrar that will. Usually a hosting company will provide you with a domain manager login. Most times, there is an option for privacy, but it usually costs a fee.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Just transfer your domain to a domain registration company that offers a privacy protection service, as Siteexpress suggested.
If you wait for the domain to expire, there is a chance that someone might register it when it becomes available again, also there is a 70+ day period between when the day the domain expires and when it becomes available for re-registration.