Pricing Products

tburas10

I manage a website for my job and we have about 3000 product each with their own page.
I was wondering if there is a way to update pricing by using a script of some sort to pull updated pricing form an excel page or something of that sort? We receive new pricing very often and it gets frustrating opening every page, saving them, and then republishing them each time they get a new price! Our website is amarket.com if you would like to get an idea of how i have thing running!

DHDdirect

are you using a third party ecommerce package or is it a custom scripted website?

If you are using a third party package they may offer importing/updating of products via spreadsheet etc. other than that you may be stuck with what you have until you can get someone to create a script for you.

tburas10

are you using a third party ecommerce package or is it a custom scripted website?

If you are using a third party package they may offer importing/updating of products via spreadsheet etc. other than that you may be stuck with what you have until you can get someone to create a script for you.

everything is done manually. Any scrips have to be added seperately. Are you aware of any such scripts?

jonnymark

We consider that there are four basic components to a successful pricing strategy:

1. Costs. Focus on your current and future, not historical, costs to determine the cost basis for your pricing strategy .

2. Price Sensitivity. The price sensitivities of buyers shift based on a number of factors and your pricing strategy must shift with them.

3. Competition. Pay attention to them, but don't copy them . . . when it comes to pricing strategy they may have no idea what they're doing.

4. Product Lifecycle. How you price, and what value you provide for that price, will change as you move through the product lifecycle.