Precise cropping of photo into 2 parts.

FrontPage97

Sometimes for website design you might need to cut a picture into two or more parts. Then later, as part of a site design, the pictures are pushed back together seamlessly. So how do you make a precise cut, either in pixels or as a percentage?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't ever cut an asset in half. Never.

You may want to make an image map but the image is still whole.

Alternatively you might be referring to sprites but that's multiple image assets on one sheet.

Last edited:

Edge

Sometimes for website design you might need to cut a picture into two or more parts. Then later, as part of a site design, the pictures are pushed back together seamlessly. So how do you make a precise cut, either in pixels or as a percentage?
Could you give me a scenario where you needed to cut a picture in half? I remember back in the bad old days of table layout then pictures would get cut up but not these days.

chrishirst

Staff member
Sometimes for website design you might need to cut a picture into two or more parts.

TEN YEARS ago maybe.

I spend more time re-assembling the jigsaw puzzle of image pieces when rebuilding layouts.

lindavictoria

I guess you could first see what's the width and height of the original image. Devided the width and height by two. Then while using the 'crop' tool in photoshop, look at the rulers at horizontal and vertical directions, when it reaches to the point where both width and height are at half amount, you are done with one. The rest is the other half. Good luck!

Globalphotoedit

Various tool avail online to cut selected areas of the image but as per used of Photoshop there is easy step to crop cut in several direction and you can reset all easily.